2010 wasn’t a good year for gaming for me. I had very little time for gaming over the course of the year. Virtually all of Q2 and Q4 were game-free as I clamped down to get work done.
I did play some fantastic games that I’d like to highlight. We Didn’t Playtest This At All is quick, silly game that anyone with a sense of humor will enjoy. Bigi has that version. I have the follow-up We Didn’t Playtest This Either. I’m sure if you know either of us, you will get to play it soon.
On the video game side of things, I am thoroughly-impressed by Vanquish. It is a third-person, cover-based shooter where you can boost-slide around the battlefield and take over enemy turrets and vehicles. None of those pieces are groundbreaking, but the way everything is weaved together really makes the game shine. (Though there are still unfair one-hit kills and camera issues).
- Agricola: Farmers of the Moors – highly recommended
- Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer
- Dominion: Alchemy – sucks
- Dominion: Prosperity – good
- Galaxy Trucker: The Big Expansion – crazy
- Last Night on Earth
- Roll Through the Ages
- Twilight Imperium
- We Didn’t Playtest This At All – silly awesome
- We Didn’t Playtest This Either – ditto
- Batman (NES!)
- Etrian Odyssey 3
- Grandia 3
- House of the Dead: Overkill
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
- Sin & Punishment: Star Successor – good
- StarCraft 2
- Vanquish – wow